Saturday, February 23, 2008

more Balcom video 2008

last year I had aspirations of dressing in a hairy big foot costume with marching band crash cymbals. I was planning to stand on top of a big boulder and slam the cymbals together as the riders went by. but I forgot all about those plans until today when I returned to Balcom Canyon. this year we had our usual pope, LG's Uncle Sam, our usual Superfan but we also had two people dressed up as the grim reaper. that's when a new brainstorm hit me!

what if everyone standing at the top of the KOM climb was wearing identical black robes with skeleton masks. I wonder what the peleton might think as it turned the corner to see hundreds of grim reapers staring them down as they tried to climb the mountain. it might feel a little creepy and riders might suddenly feel all alone. it might even earn that climb a special reputation as the scariest in the ProTour. maybe next year we'll make history.

No comments:

Twitter / teamlg